Thursday, February 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookie Thingys.. If Loving you is Wrong.. I Don't Wanna be Right!

Ohhhhhh myyyyy lord.......

So.. I've been trying to lose some weight. I ate myself silly over the holidays and packed on some extra beef.
Me, being stupid, was perusing through Pinterest and noticed these Peanut Butter cookie things. Now, these are not just ANY peanut butter cookies.
They are peanut butter cookies stuffed with Peanut Butter cups AND have Peanut butter Reese Pieces (candy pieces) mixed in.

Walk away everyone.
Walk away NOW!!!

Le Dough...,

This recipe is made in one of the muffin top pans. So they are thicker than a regular cookie...


You scoop some of the dough into the pan... then you add some peanut butter cups.. then add a bit more dough to cover the peanut butter cups..



Bake these bad boys up 

You can see here how they are thicker than a regular cookie..


You only need one of these bad boys... maybe only half of one. They are sweet, sweet goodness! I usually don't care for a thick cookie but this one is the exception to the rule. 
Here is the recipe.

Peanut Butter Cookie Thing-eee's

Makes 12 BIG cookies (mine only made 9 so perhaps I made them too thick)

Grease a Muffin top pan. (the owner of this recipe advised using Crisco)

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 extra large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 cups Reese's pieces
Almost a whole bag of Reese's mini's. (I just chopped up some large ones that I had on hand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream butter and peanut butter. Add sugar's and mix. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended. 
In a separate bowl, mix flour baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix until blended. Stir in Reese's pieces. (only one cup of them-hold the half cup in reserve to top your cookies)

With a large ice cream scoop, add one scoop of dough to each space in your muffin top tin. Add peanut butter cups to the top and then cover with a bit more of the dough. You can sprinkle on a few Reese's pieces that we held in reserve. 
Bake for 15 minutes. (mine only took 12 but my oven runs a bit hot) Do NOT over bake

Let cookies sit for 2 minutes then take a knife around the edge to loosen them up. Let them cool almost completely before removing. (they will start to break if you try to free them too soon. Don't ask me how I know that.. just trust that I KNOW).


10 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I'm feeling like the Cookie Monster. Does the cookie monster exist? Anyway, what would you do if someone tried nibbling off the candy pieces from the cookie? That would surely merit a spanking.

Laura said...

G.B.~ That would be a bare bum spanking for SURE! ;)
I think that the cookie monster does exist. I believe anyone that LOVES cookies, has a bit of him inside of them. :)

Kim said...

oh cripes. why did i come over here???!!! did you know that peanut butter is my favorite food ever??

they look fantastic!!!!!!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Peanut butter cookies are the best.

When it was time to sign up for G.S. cookies at work, those were always the ones I picked.

But nothing matches home-made.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Peanut butter cookies are all well and good, but what about the dawning poutine crisis?

Oddly enough, I actually had poutine for lunch today.

Eileen said...

OK, now I really want cookies. :) These look delicious. I ate myself silly over the holidays, too, so I've been trying to lose a few pounds. So far I've gained two more. :p

squirrel_e_girl said...

"Muffin Top Pan"....I've never heard of such a thing. Unfortunately, I am on a first name basis with my "Muffin Top PanTs".

Angela said...

I need to go to Walmart now...I need ingredients..

The Old Parsonage said...

Even first thing in the morning these are making me want some!

Darn girl!

Leann

Angela said...

can you mail me some...